Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sonoma Chicken Pasta



I kinda just made this recipe up trying to sass up a pasta alfredo meal I made one time. It's really yummy, though. Here's how I make it:

Ingredients:
for alfredo sauce:
1 pint heavy cream
1 c. shredded parmesan cheese, plus a little for garnish
garlic salt, to taste

1/2 box twisty pasta (I use rotini)
1/4 c. sundried tomatos, diced
1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1-2 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
olive oil
garlic salt
dash of pepper

Directions:
Trim chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet with olive oil until cooked through. Put on plate and set aside. In the meantime, cook pasta in a med-large pot according to directions, usually al dente. Cook alfredo sauce using alfredo recipe (see alfredo sauce recipe). Once sauce is cooked, keep warm and stir occasionally while everything else is cooking.
Saute' mushrooms in same pan as chicken was cooked in, add more olive oil if needed for sauteeing. When done, add chicken back to pan and add sundried tomatos; mix together. Drain pasta when done. Add chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes to pasta; then add alfredo sauce. Mix well. Serve with shredded parmesan as garnish.

**As a side note, I do want to mention that I have never really measured the sundried tomatos or mushrooms. I just kinda add what looks good. I guestimated on the measurements, so add or subtract according to what looks good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment