Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chicken Tacos


I made chicken tacos the other day and they are just so yummy, and a nice change from beef tacos every once in a while. I use my crockpot to make them. I use 3 chicken breasts, trimmed (serves plenty for 2 plus left-overs), place them in crockpot with about 1/2 cup water, add chicken taco (or regular taco) seasoning and cook on high for a 2-3 hours. When the chicken is done, shred apart with a couple forks. The chicken literally falls apart. I usually mix it around in the crockpot with the juices and seasoning and let it marinate for a few minutes while I prepare the side items, which can include but not limited to:

black beans
shredded cheese
tomatos
lettuce
cilantro
green onions
avocado
olives
taco sauce
sour cream
...and I like to squeeze some fresh lime juice over it all to add the mexican zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment