Friday, July 30, 2010

Dirt Cookies

Ok, I've had this recipe for a couple years, but have never used it. I've been thinking about it lately and how badly I wanted to try these cookies. They have oreos in them...need I explain further? Another recipe I got off allrecipes.com, and its an absolute hit among Chad and myself. I must warn, though...if you've have made giving up sweets a goal for yourself at this time, wait to make them, as they are literally addicting! :-)

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. crushed oreo cookies

Directions:

Sift together flour, soda and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar, and butter together till smoth. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Put oreo cookies in ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin until pieces are no larger than peas. Mix crumbs into dough. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375* F. Grease cookie sheet. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto sheet. Bake 10-11 min. Cool and wire rack. Makes 3-4 dozen.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should bring these up to the Bible study retreat next weekend so we can all try them out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just cool that you girls are doing this. I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete