Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quick Clam Linguine



I don't know where she originally got this recipe, but I got it from Shaant. After having Troy, she and mom got together with me to give me new recipe and meal ideas for me to use for cooking. I was getting a bit overloaded and needed some help in that area. It really is very quick to cook and is quite tasty.

Ingredients:
1 (9 oz) pkg linguine noodles
2 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams, undrained
1/4 c. butter or margerine
5 cloves minced garlic
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
2 T. dried parsley flakes

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside. Drain clams, reserving 3/4 c. liquid, set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat; add garlic and cook, stirring constantly for 1 min. Add reserved clam sauce and cream. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 11 minutes. Add clams, cook over low heat, stirring constantly until heated. Pour over pasta, add
cheese and parsley and gently toss. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment